BMC Helix Client Management
Reduce service desk calls by 80% through integrated endpoint management
Helix Client Management automates endpoint management and helps organizations control costs, maintain compliance, and reduce risk. From device acquisition to disposal, Helix Client Management provides an accurate view of hardware installations, ensures device adherence to organizational and industry policies, and supports systems and software currency.
As businesses continue to grow and merge, IT organizations continually face the increasingly difficult task of accurately managing their technology assets.
Common challenges include:
• Inventory and tracking of IT hardware and software endpoints
• Ensuring software licenses are maximized
• Maintaining current patches and reducing potential vulnerabilities
• Supporting the service desk with troubleshooting issues and integrating to reduce escalations
Helix Client Management delivers mobile, desktop, and laptop management, helping organizations control costs, avoid audit failure, and reduce the likelihood of data loss. From the time a device is acquired, Helix Client Management deploys the proper OS and software specific to the device and the user, ensures organizational and industry policy compliance, and keeps patches up-to-date until the device is retired.
Helix Client Management provides intuitive, simple, and complete inventory and management.
• Inventory your IT assets to know what you own and how those assets are being used
• Ensure your devices are current, secure, and compliant with your IT policies
• Access your devices remotely, even those not connected on VPN
• Provide pre-approved self-service for software downloads, common actions, and quick links with MyApps
• Integrate endpoint management with your service desk or CMDB
• Reduce patch time by 30% through set-it-and-forget-it automation
• Lower deployment time by as much as 80% for operating systems and applications
• Decrease post-PC migration service desk calls by 80%
• Realize 100% ROI within 24 months of your Helix Client Management investment
•Helix Client Management is easy to use with its integrated wizards and instant experts.
Automate inventory tracking to help guide investment decisions, reduce manual processes, and maintain compliance for physical and virtual devices.
Centralize and automate system deployment or migration—with no configuration—for minimal disruption.
Reduce audit failures by understanding software license usage. Get a normalized software catalog through integration with the Flexera Application Recognition Library.
Assess, manage, deploy, and report on patches to ensure that systems are safe and secure.
Extend monitoring and custom alerting capabilities to proactively track, manage, and automate remediation when key infrastructure events occur.
Ensure devices adhere to regulatory, industry, and corporate polices, and provide reports to satisfy audit requests (SCAP 1.2 compliant certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology).
View, control, monitor, and update all major antivirus and anti-spyware software from a single source.
Drive and control users’ devices to assist with service desk needs. Allows for troubleshooting to resolve the users’ requests, make changes, and resolve issues. Take advantage of remote control using only a web browser.
Supports FIPS 140-2 Encryption standard.
Inventory and manage mobile devices through a unified console. Check compliance, push profiles and applications, and remotely lock/wipe devices.
Lower energy bills and reduce the environmental footprint associated with PC energy consumption.
Centrally define and enforce your device usage policies, control upload and download activity, log peripheral device events for proactive response, and audit any unwanted activity.
Put pre-approved software and access requests in the hands of the end-user without going to any websites or submitting help desk forms.
•Helix Client Management now provides agentless remote control
A suite of complementary modules that centralises the management of your IT Assets. Client Management provides you with the tools to automate endpoint management from cradle to grave.